Dublin, September 2010



Saturday 10 October 2009

On my return from the Cu Chi Tunnels yesterday I headed out for a Walking Tour of Saigon as recommended in Lonely Planet guide. I had map in one hand and camera in t'other. Happily I had rain poncho in bag... more on that later.
First stop was Highlands Coffee shop - a local version of Starbucks where I enjoyed a very french style lunch, yum. The music being played was a Christmas mix! As I listened to "I'll be home for Christmas" I had the thought "only if I manage some of these traffic junctions first". The architecture is such an amazing mix of French, Chinese and Vietnamese modern. I visited the Post Office, Notre Dame Cathedral, Hotel de Ville and Opera House amongst others. While at the furthest point from the hotel... the Heavens opened. I really mean Tropical Rainstorm. There I was, resplendent in black poncho, trousers rolled up above knees and all I could think of was when Louise sees these pics. she'll think "omg, why didn't Mum just jump into a taxi?" But it was one of those moments "when you're a little off balance you'll remember it forever"! The poncho leaked but precious camera remained dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment